The October meeting will be held on October 15 at 9:30 am @ the Milesburg Borough Building
The Bald Eagle Watershed can be restored to the “original quality of life” by undoing harmful effects of factors such as chemicals, leachate, siltation and partnering with community groups, industries, and agencies to help alleviate bank erosion and flooding. The entire Watershed can be “cleaned up” so that an informed, knowledgeable public can enjoy a multi-variable land use and activities while preserving, monitoring and protecting natural reproduction. This should include a habitat for a stronghold of fish, wild birds, mammals, and diversified plant life.
The mission of the Bald Eagle Watershed Association, (BEWA,) is to protect the quality and the beauty of the Bald Eagle Creek including its feeder streams and to enhance life in the Bald Eagle Watershed by:
- promoting wise land use and management of natural resources in the Watershed, especially when dealing with property owners and issues which affect the water quality of the Bald Eagle Creek including its feeder streams;
- protecting and enhancing open space and natural areas in the Watershed and providing opportunities for the enjoyment of these natural areas;
- promoting awareness and appreciation of environmental issues through education so that the community can make sound choices for a sustainable, ecologically healthy future;
- promoting actions that improve quality of life within the watershed including those which would help to prevent future flooding of the homes, businesses, and agricultural land through storm water management within the watershed;
- organizing exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.